Experience layers of Cluck & Squeal flavours that complement the natural taste of the chicken and method of cooking. We recommend you try this glaze recipe with different cuts of quality free-range chicken.
- 2lbs Split Chicken Wings
- 2 TBSP Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 2 TBSP Tequila Reposado (GOLD color)
- 1 TBSP Raw Honey
- ½ TBSP Fresh Squeezed Lime
- ½ tsp Cluck & Squeal SAVORY SPICY Seasoning & BBQ Rub
- 1/8 tsp Cluck & Squeal TASTY HOT
- 3 – 4 Lime wedges set aside
- Fleur de SEL set aside (Coarse flaked Sea Salt used lightly for a nice finishing touch along with a lime wedge squeeze when plated)
- Wash & dry chicken wings if needed. Liberally season wings with the Cluck & Squeal SAVORY SPICY Seasoning & BBQ Rub on a flat baking sheet (not in a bowl). Return to the fridge for dry marinating as long as 24 hours or as quick as an hour.
- Portion and get all the glaze ingredients ready and put a small heavy weighted sauce pot on the stove on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt. Once melted turn the heat to medium high and watch closely for bubbling to begin. Stir or shake the pot enough to notice when browning begins. Have your tequila ready to add. Once you notice approximately half the butter is browned (this can happen quickly), stop the browning immediately by adding the tequila carefully and turn the heat to high for 15 seconds and stir if needed.
- Lower the stove to medium low, add the raw honey and melt.
- Turn the stove off and add the remaining ingredients and combine well and set aside.
- Cook the wings with your desired method. I like a direct method over a controlled fire up on a high rack at 325-350F approximately. Convection oven temperature set to 375F.
- Once the wings are cooked to you liking, return the glaze to the stove on medium high heat long enough to warm up and liquefy. Place the wings in an oversized bowl and pour the glaze all over the chicken wings and toss until coated well.
- Plate and finish with a lime squeeze and Fleur de SEL if desired.
PURCHASE CLUCK & SAVORY SPICY SEASONING AND BBQ RUB HERE
PURCHASE CLUCK & SQUEAL TASTY HOT HERE