1 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water
- ½ cup of your favourite rice – rinsed well before cooking
- ¼ cup minced or diced sweet onion
- 1 ½ teaspoon SAVORY SPICY Himalayan Seasoning & BBQ Rub
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons dried black currants
- 2 tablespoons roasted or toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Substitute chopped fresh chives
All ingredients can be doubled and tripled for larger quantities, the above serves 2.
- Use the appropriate smaller size pot and boil the water. When boiling add 1 teaspoon of SAVORY SPICY seasoning to the water and mix well for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse the rice well and add to the seasoned water and level it out at the bottom of the pot. Continue cooking the rice as you would until done or follow the package instructions.
- When the rice is done, immediately add 1 tablespoon of salted butter and stir well.
- Next add the 2 tablespoons of black currants and mix well and cover the pot with the lid and set aside. In a dry sauté pan or toaster, toast the almonds and set aside.
- Watch them closely they can burn quickly. Stirring will help toast them evenly.
- In a sauté pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the sweet onion and sauté until softened on medium low heat. Add the ½ teaspoon of SAVORY SPICY seasoning to the onions and butter and incorporate well then add the 2 tablespoons of water and continue to incorporate well.
- Final step, on medium high heat add the rice and the toasted almonds to the sauté pan stirring all the ingredients together.
PURCHASE CLUCK & SQUEAL SAVORY SPICY HIMALAYAN SEASONING AND BBQ RUB HERE