The Cluck & Squeal team would like to Thank Nick and his Lake Shore Living Team, Hernder Estate Winery, and everyone else who came out to the 2014 Niagara Eggfest. What an awesome day, amazing weather, fabulous food, and so many wonderful people. We can hardly wait to do it all again next year.
We know a lot of you have been emailing as well as asking about some of our recipes from the 2014 Niagara EggFest. Below we have compiled a quick list.
Cluck & Squeal Pork Belly aka 'Pig Candy'
1. Cluck & Squeal Rib Formula Seasoning
2. Pork Belly (from a local butcher of your choice, ask to have the peices sliced approx 1/4" thick)
3. Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
1. Generously season strips of Pork Belly with C&S Rib Formula, allow to sit for 20 mins or longer if possible.
2. Lay Pork Belly Strips on grill at approz 350F/180C.
3. Cook for approximately 12 - 15 minutes (we did 7 minute per side).
4. After initial cook pull strip off the grill onto a large board and light bast with Maple Syrup and gently coat again with C&S Rib Formula.
5. Flip over strip and repeat above for other side.
6. Return Strip to grill and gently raise temperature to 400F/200C, this done to help build that nice sticky carmelized bark.
7. Cook for approx 5 - 7 minutes (we did 3 minute per side).
Cluck & Squeal Pulled Pork Stuffed Pasta Shells
1 heaping Tablespoon of C & S All Purpose Seasoning & BBQ Rub
140 grams creamy goat cheese
1 cup finely minced Smoked Pulled Pork
½ cup mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons parmagiano reggianno cheese
Alternate meat – Pulled chicken (thighs are best)
Cluck & Squeal Bombs!
Bomb – refers to the flavour not the heat, your mouth will have a happy party!
4 tablespoons Philly Cream Cheese
140 gram package of Soft Vac Paced Goat Cheese
1 heaping tablespoon or 13-15 grams of Cluck & Squeal ALL PURPOSE Seasoning & BBQ Rub
1 cup finely minced left over Pulled Pork or Chicken thighs
6 - 8 Jalapenos (you will half them making 12 - 16)
6 - 8 slices low sodium Bacon
Pre heat cooker to 350 degress
In a bowl combine Cream Cheese, Goat Cheese and C & S Original All Purpose Seasoning and mix until smooth and consistent. Half the Jalapeno's and core them well, and spoon the mixture into the half (remove all membrane within the jalapeno or it may cause them to be too hot for everyone to enjoy). Do not fully fill the half, fill only half way, once this is done add the 1 cup of minced Pulled Pork to the remainder of the mix. Mix the Pulled Pork well, until smooth and consistent. Once meat and cheese mixture is smooth, you can now form half egg shaped meatballs to sit in the already half filled jalapenos. Begin by slightly pressing the mixture into the jalapeno. When they are all filled, cut the bacon in half making shorter pieces. Wrap the jalapeno by sitting the jelepeno on top of a sliced half and slightly stretch the bacon over top of the Pulled Pork mixture covering the back almost the entire top.
Load the cooker with the C&S Bombs for 45 minutes and Enjoy!
More recipe's to follow.
Here are a few pictures from the 2014 Niagara Eggfest, Enjoy!
1. Cluck & Squeal 2014 Niagara Eggfest Menu
2. Cheff Anna Olson from the Food Network with Chef Marc from C&S. Thanks for stopping by Anna!
3. Nick from Lakeshore Living with Chef Marc.
4. Who doesn't love cake?
5. The Cluck & Squeal Team (Leaning on Russ's Truck/Rat Racer of course!)
WARNING SCROLLING FURTHER WILL SHOW YOU EXPLICIT FOOD PORN IMAGERY, IF YOU ARE HUNGRY OR THINKING OF FOOD WE HIGHLY ADVISE YOU EXCESS CAUTION!!!
Smoked chuck wrapped in Aged Jalapeno Cheddar and Pork Belly. Say What!!!
Butterflied Lamb Legs. Get a look at those Legs!
Rib eye steaks with Cluck & Squeal Beef Specific. YES PLEASE!!!
Cluck & Squeal All Purpose and Espresso pecan smoked Salmon (Big Hit!).